How do I get my real estate license and work as a REALTOR?
Real Estate Licensing in New Mexico
The New Mexico Real Estate Commission is the state real estate licensing entity.
Learn more about licensing requirement, fees and education requirements.
Entities that provide education for licensing
- Kaplan Schools Inc. – offers pre licensing courses. They offer both classroom or self study courses. Call toll free 1-800-777-1171 – click here
- Greater Albuquerque Association of REALTORS® – holds pre licensing classes several times a year – click here for their website or call 505-842-1433.
- Las Cruces Association of REALTORS® – schedules pre licensing classes once or twice a year depending on the need – click here or call 575-524-0658.
The Otero County Association of REALTORS® does not hold any pre licensing classes. However, we do offer continuing education courses to enable our members and others to complete their license renewal requirements.
The Otero County Association of REALTORS® is one of more than 1,400 local real estate boards and associations which together constitute the National Association of REALTORS®. The purpose of the Association is to unite the real estate industry and to provide services for its members that they cannot provide for themselves. The Association has been in operation and providing benefits for its members since 1951.
If you have a valid NM Real Estate License or NM Appraisal License and are interested in joining OCAOR® and the MLS please contact the Association Executive Officer at (575) 437-5195 or e-mail for an application and fee schedule.
Requirements for Joining Otero County Association of REALTORS®
- You must “hang” your license in a member real estate office or real estate appraiser’s office. A member Broker/Appraiser is billed yearly dues according to the number of licensees in their office. Most brokers pass the dues requirement costs on to their associates.
- Complete and return a membership application.
- Call the local association office for breakdown of yearly REALTOR® Dues as they are prorated by the local, state and national association on a monthly basis.