REALTORS® POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (RPAC) – NEW MEXICO
RPAC’s mission is to identify candidates for elected office on the local, state and national levels, who will work with REALTORS® to promote and protect the American Dream of property ownership. Candidates who receive support from RPAC are not selected based on their political party or ideology, but solely on their support of real estate issues.
RPAC-NM is a voluntary, non-profit, unincorporated committee of the New Mexico Association of REALTORS®. Any NMAR member who contributes $15.00 or more, becomes a member of RPAC-NM. Fundraising for political action is conducted by each local board and the state association. The dollars raised for political action are split between the local, state, and national accounts. Local boards can request funding for local candidates and issues from the REALTORS® Political Action Committee of New Mexico. The RPAC-NM Trustees work to protect your business and private property rights.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO RPAC
Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. Any amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Your contribution is split between National RPAC and the RPAC-NM. Contact NMAR for information about the percentages of your contribution provided to National RPAC and to RPAC-NM. The National RPAC portion is used to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116.
The purpose of RPAC is clear: voluntary contributions made by REALTORS® are used to help elect candidates who understand and support their interests.
RPAC – NEW MEXICO GOVERNANCE
- Teri Scott, Cloudcroft – Chair
- Daniel Coleman, Roswell – Vice Chair
- Karen Hudson, Albuquerque – Secretary/Treasurer
- Bill Davis, Roswell – Member
- Cheryl Eichorn, Albuquerque – Member
- Lela Holmes, Farmington – Member
- John Lucero, Albuquerque – Member
- Damon Maddox, Albuquerque – Member
- John Menicucci, Albuquerque – Member
- Catherine Moon, Angel Fire – Member
- Patricia Pipkin, Santa Fe – Member
- Coralee Quintana, Albuquerque – Member
- Baro Shalizi, Santa Fe – Member
- James M Russ II, Ruidoso – Participation Council Representative/2020 NMAR President
- Lois Sury, Santa Fe – Ex Officio/Legislative Chair
- Danny Wm. Vigil, Albuquerque – Ex Officio/President Elect
- Paul Wilson, Albuquerque – RPAC Major Investor/Immediate Past President
- M. Steven Anaya, Santa Fe – Ex Officio/NMAR CEO
- Ashley Strauss-Martin, Santa Fe – Ex Officio/NMAR Legal Counsel
- David Oakeley, Santa Fe – NMAR Staff Liaison
RPAC-Trustee Applications now being accepted! Click here to learn more and apply.
THE PRESIDENT’S CUP
It is NMAR’s and RPAC-NM’s mission to achieve President’s Cup status every year. This require meeting fundraising and advocacy goals set by NAR. Local Associations also can achieve the President’s Cup. For more information on goals and NAR reports, click here.