What is a Real Estate Survey?
A Real Estate Survey is a comprehensive examination of a property’s aspects, such as boundaries, structures, and features. It is conducted on behalf of a potential buyer in order to properly identify a property before purchase.
What Does A Real Estate Survey Include?
A real estate survey provides detailed information about a property and its features, such as:
- Property Boundaries: A surveyor will use historical records, such as deeds and aerial maps, to check and define a property’s boundaries.
- Structures: The surveyor will take measurements and determine the exact dimensions of any structure on the property.
- Utility Easements: A surveyor will note any utility or drainage easements that may affect the use of the property.
- Improvements: The surveyor will list any permanent improvements or detached structures built on the property.
- Encroachments: Surveyors look for encroachments, which are objects in another landowner’s property that cross over onto the property being surveyed.
What Are The Benefits of a Real Estate Survey?
A real estate survey provides valuable information and a number of benefits to a potential buyer, including:
- Peace of Mind: Real estate surveys provide a sense of security and assurance to potential buyers, knowing that precise measurements and details about the property have been thoroughly examined.
- Future Plans: A real estate survey provides detailed measurements of the property, which can be used to plan for any additions or improvements down the line.
- Accuracy: Surveys are precise and offer very detailed information about the property. This ensures that buyers get exactly what they are paying for.
- Limits Risk: By clarifying and defining boundaries and features of the property, buyers are able to limit potential problems or disputes that could arise down the line.
A real estate survey is a great way to ensure that you get what you pay for when purchasing a property. It provides detailed information on a property and its features, as well as peace of mind knowing that any potential disputes or problems are limited.